It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I love everything about the holiday season and love when stores and the city is decked out in lights and trees! It just makes me so happy. This will be our first married Christmas and I can’t wait to start creating our own traditions.
Normally Logan goes home to Minnesota for half of December and I meet him up there around the 26th or 27th to be together. It’s so crazy we have never spent actual Christmas day together. I’m so happy we will both be together this year. There are so many things to do in Atlanta during the holidays and my list of things I want to do before Christmas isn’t getting any shorter!
Luckily we are right in the heart of Atlanta so we are able to access everything easily. The temperatures are finally cooling down and …it’s beginning to look (and feel) a lot like Christmas. Once Thanksgiving is over and we come back from Mexico it’ll be time to decorate our place for the holidays. I’ve already been jamming to Justin Bieber’s Christmas album because lets be honest, it’s his best work yet. Every year we also watch our favorite Christmas movie, Elf, and we put Teddy in his little Elf costume.
So now, the reason you’re here- here are our favorite things to do in Atlanta during the holidays.
- Ice Skating– Although Atlanta is not the coldest during Winter and is far from being a Winter Wonderland, it’s nice having a couple ice rinks around during the holidays. We’ve been to the one in Atlantic Station a couple of times and just last year we went to the one at Park Tavern, which is also a classic. This year, Ponce City Market has an ice rink on their rooftop that I definitely want to check out!
- Holiday Lights at the Botanical Gardens– This is probably one of my favorite activities to celebrate the holidays. We go every single year with our sweet friends Ryan and Kaitlin. The lights are beautiful and there’s carolers walking around and singing. You can also make smores by the fire pits and stop by their bar to grab a holiday cocktail. Rudolph’s Red Nose is my favorite drink that I always look forward to having! It’s just champagne with a splash of cranberry juice and some cranberries to represent Rudolph’s nose. We’ve also been to the restaurant at the gardens before and it’s so good!
- Nutcracker at the Fox– Another classic and holiday favorite! We LOVE seeing Atlanta Ballet’s Nutcraker at the Fox Theater. First of all, the theater is GORGEOUS! Second, the dancers are SO talented. Third, it’s just such a great story and so entertaining. I mean the list goes on to be honest.
- Miracle on Monroe Bar– Okay so we’ve never been to this but we are definitely going this year! It’s a Christmas themed pop up bar that started last year in Atlanta. They added a second location in Buckhead, which is so close to us! I’ve heard that the lines are super long to get in. Last year the line was 3 hours long one time, so definitely go during the week and early! They both open on Black Friday.
- Atlantic Station– In addition to the skating rink, there are so many other activities here! We don’t usually go to Atlantic Station but I like to stop by over the holidays. They have a gorgeous Christmas tree that’s great for photos, and they make it snow at certain times in the day. They also have pictures with Santa and one of the days is hosted by the Humane Society and you can bring your fur baby for photos and proceeds go to the Humane Society. Obviously this is a no brainer for me because duh i love photos but most importantly I got Teddy from the Humane Society and it has a special place in my heart!
- Tree Elves– This isn’t a place to visit but a cool way to be more festive around the holidays. We haven’t done it yet, but I know some co workers that have as well as my cousin. It’s owned by the King of Pops and you can basically get a Christmas tree delivered (variety of sizes) by elves and they also bring some holiday King of Pops popsicles. I like that you can schedule a delivery as well as a day to have your Christmas picked up. Such a fun way to get your Christmas tree home and also a cute idea for those who have kids.
There are so many fun things to do in Atlanta during the holidays and I can’t wait to celebrate. We had our Christmas photos taken by Morgan over the weekend and I am totally obsessed. You can follow me on Instagram to get a sneak peek! This is our 5th Christmas card we will be sending out and it’s so interesting to see how much we have changed over the years. It also makes me sad seeing Teddy grow up 🙁 What are your favorite holiday traditions?
I am sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Help me provide more value for you!
Tell us how we can improve this post?